Welcome to the IoD wikis. | IRC details | Addenda | Approvals DB | Help | Classifieds Upcoming events: None currently scheduled.
This wiki farm is largely related to the former chronicle and will be supplanted in time. Information on these wikis may refer to the old chronicle and no longer be relevant. The Reset Wiki is the temporary wiki for the new chronicle.
Due to the new website going live, the wiki login system is out-of-sync with the IoD user system. Usernames and passwords created before the 24th of May should be fine, but newer usernames are unlikely to work at present. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The Foremost Policy
The IRC rules are not intended to outline every possible do and don't of IoD IRC. Just because the rules don't specifically say you can't, it does not mean that you can. When in doubt ask an op. Ops will work with members within reason.
The Rest of the Rules
- Obey the Conduct Policy (detailed in the UK handbook, available on the UK site). It is, at times, a little vague but some specifics in terms of behaviour on IRC are outlined below for quick and easy reference:
- Intolerance will not be tolerated. This includes any and all discriminatory remarks based on race, religion, gender, sexuality, etc.
- Be aware that some people may be at work, or in a public place. As a general rule of thumb - if you wouldn't do it or say it in public at a game, don't do it in-channel. This rule applies to IC channels as well as OOC channels; please remember that you can use private messages or private rooms if in doubt.
- Idlers/Clones are allowed.
- Prospective members are welcome to join #IoD for recruitment purposes, they can stay for a period of 2 months before joining the group. This does not cover expelled or suspended members, nor those who have left the group.
- Do not ask where you can obtain illegal copies of copyright material (PDFs of RP books for example), nor offer to distribute them
- The usual Rule 7 applies.
(This is not an exhaustive list, just a list of some of the more popular clients on each platform. For more detailed, in-depth comparison of IRC clients see this Wikipedia list )
For those using IRC for the first time we recommend starting off with the web-based clients and picking up one of the other clients later on when you feel more confident.
Use your IRC client to connect to irc.darkmyst.org and then join the #IoD channel.
For more indepth information including instructions on registering nicknames and channels, see this page for details.
- #IoD - The main sanctioned channel for use by Isles of Darkness members only.
IC channels (password protected):
The passwords for the channels are the other half of the genre name. So #IoD-Awakening is "mage".
Passwords should be entered on the command to join the channel, like so:
- "/join #IoD-Awakening mage"
- #Southampton-OOC - The Southampton Requiem OOC room
- #Ang_Mage_OOC - The Anglesey Awakening OOC room
- #InvernessLost-OOC - The Inverness Lost OOC room
- #NF-OOC - The New Forest Forsaken OOC room
- #Southampton-Geist-OOC - The Southampton Geist OOC room
- #Storms-Edge-OOC - The Perth Apocalypse OOC room
Some general interest (and non-sanctioned) channels:
- #Geist-OOC - A Geist: the Sin-Eaters channel.
- #Forsaken-OOC - A Werewolf: the Forsaken channel.
- #Lost-OOC - A Changeling: the Lost channel.
- #Mage-OOC - A Mage: the Awakening channel.
- #Requiem-OOC - A Vampire: the Requiem channel.
Note: Some of these channels appear to have closed down, and only #Mage-OOC seems to have any users in currently